Monday, March 24, 2008

The Bachelor

It's just too good so far!

On last night's episode, Matt had two group dates:

The first group date had Marshana initially so excited when she thought they would be seeing a fashion show–WRONG, the girls would have to BE the models in the fashion show. It was okay though because Marshana  used to be in pageants, so she would "stand tall, walk proud, stomp it out, and send the other girls home." High fives to Marshana for the positive attitude. I kinda couldn't take the whole fashion show seriously because it was held at Smashbox, where I have shot before and probably had a puppy or two pee-pee on that very floor. Anyway, even though Matt initially stated that he would give out the date rose to "who goes for it" on the runway, it turned out he needed to get some alcohol in them to assist in figuring it out. Which lead to another vocal performance by Michelle P., which I did not (against my better judgment) fast forward. Instead,  I watched in horror. In the end Ashlee (who desperately needs a piece of humble pie) gets the first kiss and the date rose, even though Holly was convinced she would "moonwalk away with his heart." 

The second group date was a trip to my favorite place, Las Vegas. Robin (one of the angled-bob-hairdos) refused to gamble – So of course, I am over her. Shayne puts it all on red and loses, sending her into a tailspin of drama as she tells Matt that with all the other girls "eying (not vying) for his attention", she won't "just wait in the wings". Um, has she ever seen the show? Is she not aware it's a contest where more than a dozen girls compete to win the heart of ONE guy? This is a perfect example of what happens when you drink too much and lose all your cash in Vegas (she should have stuck to my drink of choice at the tables–Hot Chocolate).  Throughout the night Shayne continued to freak out. And finally, sporting brown shoes with a black Jacket, Matt presents stubborn-as-a-rock-Chelsea with the date rose for being the "clear winner." 

Later on Robin gets the second (and apparently the longest and most meaningful) kiss–Let the kissing begin!

I was okay to see Carri and Michelle P. go so I don't have to endure any more vocal performances–the operatic rendition of Summertime was more than I could bear. But my husband was NOT happy to see Erin H. go. And frankly, neither was I . 

Apparently what happens in Vegas, does in fact stay in Vegas, because Shayne got herself a rose.